Monday, February 4, 2013

2013 ALA Book Awards

It’s that time of the year again. My schedule for school visits is filling up. I always look forward to meeting students and librarians during these visits. I was in Austin last week and the fourth and fifth grade students in my session were enthusiastic, smart, attentive, and asked great questions. What more can an author ask for? My objective was to inspire them to read and write more and I hope I did that. Someday your book will be on one of those lists. Believe it!
 
By now the 2013 American Library Book awards are out. Here is a link to the list, which includes the Newbery, Caldecott, Pura Belpre, Coretta Scott King awards and many, many others.  
Sante Fe, NM

"Touch magic -- pass it on." -- Jane Yolen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: