Monday, March 12, 2012

World Read Aloud Day

On March 7, "World Read Aloud Day," I had the pleasure of reading to over 100 students during a school visit at Walnut Creek Elementary, Austin, Texas.  The students were enthusiastic and asked really good questions after the reading. A question asked was whether I had ever written a book from a childhood experience to which I answered, “Yes, Lupita’s Papalote.” A highlight for me was when I mentioned that I had lived in Thailand and learned that two young girls in the audience were originally from Thailand and the family had now settled in Texas. Small world!



Dr. Seuss would have been 108 on March 2. I think you might enjoy reading Jason English’s post on the mentalfloss.com blog titled, “10 Memorable Dr. Seuss Quotes About His Work.” 


“A person's a person, no matter how small.” ― Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: