Monday, November 28, 2011

Story submission

With the holidays fast approaching, I haven’t written much lately, but I did submit a picture book story about a woodpecker with attitude that I had filed away some time back. I revisited it, dusted it off, revised a bit, had it critiqued by my writer group, and sent it off to publishers. Wish me luck!

Researching publishers takes quite a bit of time as well. It’s all part of the writing process. Having a link to publisher websites helps. Here’s a children’s book publisher website that has valuable information on guidelines, agents, manuscript formatting, and so on. Website: Signaleader

During the holidays, I like to read from two books given to me by writer friends whose stories are included in the books. It’s a real treat for me!


Don’t get too frazzled during the holidays. Relax a bit, drink some tea, and read a book. Enjoy!


“What does an editor do? Michelangelo said it best: ‘I saw an angel in the marble and I just chiseled till I set him free.’” – Deborah Brodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: