Sunday, July 24, 2011

Picture Book Problems

Have you been getting rejections on those picture book manuscripts you’ve been sending out? Most of us, at one time or another, have had that happen. Maybe the tips in Jan Fields’ blog will help. She addresses this topic on her post, “Patching Picture Book Problems” on the Institute of Children’s Literature blog. Check it out. I found it helpful. 

A sad day indeed. I was at a Borders Bookstore this afternoon. Since the bookstore is closing, the place was packed with bargain hunters looking for the big discounts being offered.  As recently as two weeks ago, I browsed through the Borders in my area. I had coffee in their coffee shop while I read a magazine. I will miss those visits. There’s something soothing about being surrounded by hundreds of books and smelling the aroma of coffee being brewed a few feet away. I wish Borders weren’t closing, but sadly, that is the reality of today. I did buy a book on writing titled, Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark. I’ll let you know what those strategies are when I read the book.

Rio Grande Valley

“Never say you don’t have enough time to write. You make time for the things you care about; if you care about writing, you will make time.” – Writing Tip from Writer’s Digest Weekly Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: