Saturday, April 30, 2011

El Dia de Los Ninos/El Dia de Los Libros

What a fun-filled day I had today. To help celebrate El Dia de Los Ninos/El Dia de Los Libros, I was invited to share the spotlight with young folkloric dancers from the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Dance Academy at Barnes & Noble, La Cantera. After their delightful performance, I did a reading/book signing and answered questions from the audience.

Folkloric Dancers

Author with prop during reading

Then I departed to go way across town for the opening of the spanking new library, Mission Branch Library, which was built right across from the historic Mission Movie DriveIn of the 1960s. The gigantic screen is still there.

Mission Movie DriveIn

I did another book reading/signing there. Many other local authors were also in attendance. There was entertainment, activities for the children, and family fun. I was so impressed with the new library as were so many of the new patrons who were signing up for library cards left and right. Needless to say, I was happy to be part of both events to help promote literacy, children, and books.

"Writing is having a second life." -- Lila Perl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: