Saturday, January 1, 2011

First day of 2011!

McNay Art Museum grounds
Hope you’re having a super new start on this first day of 2011! I started a new journal, a splendid one with a beautiful leather cover. It’s got inspirational quotes on each page. I already jotted down my writing goals for 2011. Speaking of goals, I came across a blog article, “Wishing Up Good Goals” by Jan Fields of Institute of Children’s Literature, which mentions goals versus wishes.

She writes about the difference between the two. Many of us set goals for the year that sound like this: sell two stories a month or get book contract or get more respect for my writing from my family. Those are great things to hope for, but they depend upon someone other than you. Therefore, they aren't goals, they're wishes or hopes.”  Visit her link for more on this topic.

McNay Art Museum grounds
I took my own advice for one of my goals: nurture your creative side. I went to the McNay Art Museum in town and had a wonderful day viewing the magnificent art. The grounds are beautiful as well. I hope to do this more often. It’s good for the soul.


Mural at McNay Art Museum

A journal can be an invaluable tool for recording ideas, impressions, and anecdotes for future use. It can also help your career by instilling in you the habit of writing regularly. -- Writer's Digest Weekly Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: