Monday, November 29, 2010

Writer's Goals

Trying to get back into the routine of writing is pretty hard after the Thanksgiving holiday. With all the hustle and bustle of family and friends, it takes a while to get back to the PC and pick up where you left off on your manuscript. But that’s exactly what I’m doing. I don’t want to lose too much momentum here.

I’m also thinking ahead to 2011. What are my writing goals for next year? It’s not too early to start planning. The year is almost gone. Where did it go? Is time flying fast for you too? Have you met some of the goals you set at the beginning of the year? I know I haven’t. As the months go by, we tend to forget the enthusiasm we felt around the New Year – all kinds of expectations about where our writing will take us.

Have we pitched those stories we were going to pitch? Have we done our market research? Have we finished that story that needs to be finished? I’ve done a lot of things so far, but I still have a long way to go. Right now I’m trying to squeeze some reading in too. But I’m working on time management as well. Go back and revisit that list that you started at the beginning of the year. It feels good to check off a few off the list.


Santa Fe
 "The scariest moment is always just before you start." - Stephen King (On Writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: