Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inspiration

Life happens. Sometimes no matter how hard we try to stick to our writing schedule, life happens and it’s not possible. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. However, getting back to my work-in-progress piece after being away from it for a while, was not easy. No matter what I tried, I had a “creativity block.” The words just would not come. I felt like giving up. I was stuck. Then I read an article online, which got me started again. One of the things that has helped me get back in the writing mode is to sometimes read another book. That was one of the ideas mentioned in the article. So I got back to the book, a historical fiction, one that I had started a while back. As the story flowed and I immersed myself in it, I felt my emotions stirring, my writing spirit returning. I was to the point where I was about to give up on my story. Then looking at it again, I decided it was a story worth telling. Inspiration? Maybe. But we can’t sit and wait for it to happen. We do whatever it takes to make it happen.

The article I’m referring to is 7 Reasons Inspiration Matters to Writers.” Written by Fred White on the Writer’s Digest blog, I found it to be so true and interesting. It helped me on a day when I was about to give up on a story, which I felt was going no where.

"No matter what your writing life brings, believe in yourself and keep moving forward. Most writers cycle between periods of self-doubt and periods of confidence." -- Writing Tip from Writer's Digest Weekly Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: