Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Year's Goals


Well, the year is just about over. Time to set new goals as a writer. I seem to have the same goals every year: write and read more, submit to publishers, nurture myself as a writer, attend at least one writer’s conference or workshop, value my writer friends, keep the hope up. Of course, I don’t always get all of these done. Each year seems to go by faster than the last one. My shelves are full of writer’s books, which I really find helpful when developing characters, scenes, plots, etc. One of my favorites, which I plan to read again is The Writer’s Book of Hope by Ralph Keyes. It’s uplifting and inspirational. I want to start the year off right.

Which brings me to some good news to share. An essay I submitted to my local paper was published today. Here is the link if you wish to read it. Hope you enjoy it. It's about the lost art of penmanship. Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

“To do without tales and stories and books is to lose humanity’s past, is to have no star map for our future.” – Jane Yolen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: