Saturday, November 21, 2009

Book Festival for Children

Last weekend I had the pleasure of doing a reading/presentation at the Georgetown Hill Country Book Festival for Children & Youth. I saw author friends I hadn’t seen in a while and met new ones. The town of Georgetown is charming and the people from there are so hospitable. The public library where the event was held was bustling with activity that day. Numerous authors and illustrators were present for the event. There was face painting, crafts, music and even a clown who entertained the children with his amazing tricks – twisting balloons into all sorts of animals. Yes, I ran into a clown AGAIN! What is it with my running into clowns all the time? The kids really enjoyed his performance. Take a look at the octopus on my table. Neat, huh? This highly successful event was a great way to promote literacy!



Writing Tip: Use quotation marks for spoken dialogue. For a character's thoughts, some writers use quotation marks, some use italics, and some merely set them off with a comma and capitalized letter. -- Writer's Digest Weekly Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: