Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inspiration, Writing prompts

Just returned from a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I love the wide open sky and the Sandia mountains looming over the city. Tumbleweeds roll across the road as the winds help them along. Historic Old Town in downtown Albuquerque is vibrant and colorful. I can see why some artists and writers find inspiration there and are attracted to that city.

But as a writer, you don't have to wait for inspiration. All you need to do is sit down in front of that computer and write! I know it's hard staring at a blank screen sometimes. If you're like me, you try to find excuses to get out of that chair. But it takes discipline to stay put. Try some writing prompts to get you started. Or pick one word and write around it. Sometimes what I do is start this way: I remember when ..... Or I would really like to write about ....(something you don't know anything about).

Try some simple prompts to get your creative juices flowing. The following Website has tons of writing prompts to choose from: http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: